Equipment Racking and Stacking/Server Builds
Physical installation, power up and testing of Data Centre server and networking equipment
One of the most fundamental elements when implementing and installing data centre equipment is the physical “racking and stacking” of equipment into cabinets and racks.
At face value, it is a straightforward task. This is not always the case. Indigo’s data centre technicians have the knowledge, skills and experience to deliver a first-time right network build. They will undertake the site survey, check the deliveries, install the equipment, verify the basic configuration, patch through the required circuits with the required labelling, and power up your equipment.
To streamline ongoing Smart Hands support, completed handover documentation including digital pictures of the entire “as built” installation will be provided.
- Site survey
- Receive and unpack equipment
- Check inventory and record serial numbers
- Install the server rail and “rack” the devices
- Kit the devices (including card infills, module install, memory)
- Provision and install power and network cables
- Install intra-cabinet cabling as specified
- Plug in & power up
- Perform system updates, including firmware and BIOS upgrades
- Document the cable list ensuring labelling is fully completed
- Carry out diagnostic and quality assurance inspections on all installed equipment
- Complete full handover documentation, including serial number recording, cable list, layout and cable runs, diagrams, and photo documentation
Interested in 4site's Equipment Racking and Stacking/Server Builds?Contact us